Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photo Diary

Bath time for Fatim.


Travelling in style: Jennifer all set for a weekend of fine dining and shopping in cosmopolitan Bamako.
Give that child some ameliorated porridge!

The sun in Mali sure is strong.

Moustapha requested Johnny to come over for family portraits.

Lahmine asks about Johnny constantly now. Togomas for life.

Visiting my host family from my first two months in Mali. In the past year, my eldest host sister, La vielle, in the middle, had a baby: Prince, they call him. She's still in school, now in the same year as Kiki.
Mom and Dad. Mom insists I've lost weight since I've moved to my village. During the visit, I was fed three meals in the space of three hours.

Nothing like an afternoon resting from the heat in the hammock.
Matching outfits win hearts. And get you the best deals.
Sitan teaches Becky and me to make Okra sauce.

Hiking up to this waterfall, we came across a woman climbing too. In fliplops. With a huge basket of laundry on her head and a baby on her back.

Rainy season turns Dogon into a mass of green pastures and waterfalls.

What a treat.

An abandoned village high up in the cliffs.

You just solved one of Hassimi's riddles, didn't you, Becky?!

Walking at a snails pace.
How did the telem people build those houses oh-so-high?

No comments:

Post a Comment